Subject: Re: non US kbd
To: GUIDET Yves <yves.guidet@hol.fr>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1998 19:44:18
At 15:58 Uhr +0100 25.02.1998, GUIDET Yves wrote:
>Has anyone experienced installing NetBSD with a non US keyboard ?

"Experienced" is nice.  ;)

But, well, I know what you mean. There is "dt" (providing virtual consoles)
that comes with a few kbd mappings; either there is a French mapping
included, or the examples show you how to set one up.
Then, there is X11 where you can use xmodmap to remap the kbd layout. As
long as you are stuck with the console you have to ignore the keycaps -- or
write a kernel keyboard table. Sorry...

	hauke