Subject: Delete by date
To: macbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <cruller@unicom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1998 16:23:32
I upgraded to 1.3 last night by following the directions in the How-To.
Things are acting ....strange.  The one thing I didn't do was clean out
all the old binaries and wish to do so now befor I wipe the drive &
start fresh.  Here's the path I took.

Install new 1.3 kernal from installer

build devices <---when is this necessary?

boot single user
mount fs r/w

fsck -f

reboot -n

cpin the 1.3 binaries

cd /

tar --unlink -zxvpf /path/to/binary.tgz for all but the comp & xcomp
packages

Change option NO to Yes in the file (I forget the name off hand) the
How-to told me to change.  (??If this is required to boot multi-user
then why isn't it set up that way to begin with???)

So here is what is going on on my Q800, Apple keys, mouse, 16" monitor,
24/250.

I get wierd permission denied messages in the boot process about send
mail

X no longer works. there is no grf0 at intvid.  I have
/dev/grf0,/dev/grf1,/dev/grf2,/dev/grf3.  I put /usr/X11R6/bin in my
path & ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib

X used to work fine with the MadHatter kernel & 1.2.XX distribution in
b&w.

Anywho...ramble...ramble...My qustion is:

how do I find all the files in my file system older than a certain date
(say 12/1/97) and delete them enmasse. Is it something like
find ./ -date < 12/1/97 | -rm *.*

I've poked around in the man pages but I'd like some advice befor I
experimentally hose something, and have to install the base.tgz from the
installer.

ta

gerald