Subject: Re: Fastest NetBSD 68k computer?
To: Olof Rymark <olof@subzero.campus.luth.se>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1998 13:30:03
At 1:13 PM -0800 2/24/98, Olof Rymark wrote:
>I'm currently running NetBSD on my IIci and like it alot. But, if I would
>buy a new (used) 68k computer to run NetBSD, which is the fastest that's
>'fully' supported today? I don't need to run X, if that's a problem.

The Quadra 840av if you mean CPU and Ethernet.  About $750 is what I've
seen them for.

It has the slowest disk driver though, and the stock 1.3 might have some
problems with really high speed serial I/O.  I think all the Quadra's share
the same SCSI driver though and the CPU makes any deficiencies worth
putting up with.