Subject: Re: Processor Direct Slot / Ethernet
To: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1998 03:33:07
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Robert Nestor wrote:

> Rest assured the same cards will work in both 68K Macs and (some)
> PowerMacs.  I bought two used Apple Twisted Pair LC-III/PDS cards about a
> year ago.  They are built using the SONIC-T chip which I had mistakenly
> assumed would work with the NetBSD Sonic driver at the time.
> Unfortunately they didn't, but with the help of Allen Briggs and Denny
> Gentry we got them up and running last summer. Now one of them sits in my
> 68K Mac (Performa-550) which runs NetBSD and the other sits in my PPC Mac
> (Performa-5320).  They happily chat to each other and to my PC laptop.

	My Quadra 630 is currently using an Apple Twisted Pair CS card,
which uses the SOINC driver and the only problem I had with it was
actually from the uncleared video interrupts ;-) Since Mr. Zucca was able
to locate and clear the interrupt, the ethernet card has worked great.
Though, I would hope so... I couldn't find a CS ethernet card anywhere so
I bought a new one for almost $100! 8-(

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!