Subject: snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1998 00:19:53
Well, I've worked most of the day to get the snapshot uploaded to
puma and eskimo, but the Sprintlink routing (to both sites) sucks big
hairy toads, with long stalls and half my packets being retransmitted.

This snapshot was compiled from sources of 21 Feb. 1998.

There may not be a snapshot next weekend -- I'm taking a four day
holiday to visit my folks. :)

Anybody know of a traffic analysis tool I can use to find out where
the friggen bottleneck is in this network?

~Steve

tcp:
        177416 packets sent
                98161 data packets (46009661 bytes)
                32445 data packets (10351660 bytes) retransmitted
                42796 ack-only packets (10129 delayed)
        [...]
        127003 packets received
                48407 acks (for 46077062 bytes)
                29806 duplicate acks
                0 acks for unsent data
                39431 packets (10496167 bytes) received in-sequence
                6200 completely duplicate packets (1353580 bytes)
                0 old duplicate packets
                2110 packets with some dup. data (270884 bytes duped)
                6745 out-of-order packets (3019815 bytes)
        [...]
        43193 segments updated rtt (of 46450 attempts)
        14783 retransmit timeouts

Not good...

And I thought a cable modem would make things fast.  Hah!  (Well, OK, I did
get some good speeds on download, but this is *much* more important. ;-)

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Christ:
	A man who was born at least 5,000 years ahead of his time.