Subject: Re: Partition -1 is non-existant. nubie :(
To: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1998 23:49:08
Dale Einarson wrote:
> hello,
> 	Ok I admit I just reformated my MacOS partition!
> when I boot I get the message:
>
> booting... Partition -1 is non-existant.
> could not open kernel " (0,?)netbsd".

did you happen to reformat your netbsd partition as well?  try to access
it via the installer to see.

> I adjusted the booter to look at Partition 0 thru 5 with no succes.
> I can install via the installer program.

if you do an 'ls' in the installer's mini-shell, are there any files
there?

> the partition is called MacBSD and I have even tried that with booter 1.9

what version of netbsd are you using?  you should definitely be using a
newer booter utility.

> I read throught the info, faq, and meta and I can't find anything dirrectly
> related.

the error message is documented in the booter manual, available in html
format on www.netbsd.org.

> any quick fix?

i don't know :-(

> PS:  I have a MacCI that doesn't like to boot if has been off for more than
> 6hours ( it is like the power switch is broken but the keyboard doesn't
> start it either.   her is the catch,  the clock works so I assume the
> battery is good.
> any Ideas?

that's definitely a little strange.  i don't know why it would be doing
that.

i hope this helps some.

later.