Subject: Re: Looking for an editor with pretty printing..
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1998 16:19:35
Colin Wood wrote:

> Chris Jewell wrote:
> > Are there any X editors out ther that do the pretty printing stuff?  Like
> > fonts, font sizes, bold face, italics, etc.  I tried to install this one
> > called e93 but the install kept bombing on me and part of ity had to do
> > with TCL even though I installed its latest version (7.6) according to the
> > INSTALL directions.
>
> I think that Emacs has some elisp module which will do pretty printing
> based on font-lock mode, I think.

  And if you are a vi user, you can use vim-5.0 or higher, which
supports syntax highlighting in color-xterm windows and on, for
example, the i386 pcvt console.  It also supports arbitrary
X11 fonts in the GUI version (gvim), which pops up its own window
a la Emacs.  I've been using vim-5.0m for months, while
vim-5.0x is the latest.  (A new snapshot is done about every week
or two.)

  See http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/distribution.html
for the whole mirror list and other details.

  For those of you in North America, here's the UIUC mirror:
ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/pub/packages/vim/beta-test/unix

  It doesn't appear anyone has yet made a pkg for vim,
unfortunately.

  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
Graduate Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering