Subject: Re: Question about IP-NAT
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1998 02:43:13
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> My setup is basically a PowerMac 7100 connecting through a IIsi which is
> running IP-NAT.  It works w/o a hitch (after a few hours of scratching my
> head only to discover IP filtering was off) as long as the 7100 is running
> MkLinux.  I can't seem to get MacOS to work that way, though.  As long as
> IP-NAT is off, I can at least connect from deepspace (7100) to
> stavromula-beta (IIsi).  As soon as I turn that on, I lose even that.

	Are you sure that both machines can see each other? I have noticed
that under MacOS with Open Transport you must set these things to get a
TCP link between NetBSD and MacOS: (the MacOS config)

	IP address: <IP of MacOS machine>
	Router: <IP of IPNAT machine>
	Netmask: <netmask for your subnet>
	Name Servers: Put your ISP's NS's, and your gateway machine also
	   if it is running named.
	Search: Your ISP's domain and your internal domain

	Most likely you have everything right... but be sure that your
IIsi's IP is in the router field, as it is acting as your router. And, of
course, be sure your NetBSD machine's net setup is right and consistent
with your MacOS machine. I won't go into that, since it's in probably
every FAQ, HOWTO and webpage out there ;-)

	Good luck!

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!