Subject: Re: Booting problem on a IIsi
To: None <mjmock@rtd.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1998 11:21:52
Mitchell Mock wrote:
> Trying to boot Netbsd on a Mac IIsi.
>
> The booting process seems to go just fine, but then it stops at:
>
> Init: not found
> panic: no init
> stopped at      _Debugger+0x6:    unlk       a6
> db>
>
> at the above prompt  "db>" I can type butit respond  "no such
> command"
>
> all inits are off and the only control panel that's on is Memory. No
> ethernet card, does have FPU and a zip drive connected.
>
> any help would be great

Have you tried installing the base archive?  It sounds an awful lot like
you haven't, or else something has gone horribly wrong with your
installation.  In the Installer's minishell, try doing:

ls /sbin/init

and see if a file is listed.  If no file is listed, you need to reinstall
the base archive.  You might want to make sure that you have built devices
as well (although this shouldn't be the problem).

I hope this helps.

Later.