Subject: PPP problemo
To: 'netbsd list' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Kidd <jimk@is01.wvpa.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1998 09:37:02
I just recently installed the base and etc tarballs for netbsd 1.3 for =
my mac.  I also downloaded the ppp kit for the same.

After altering the files indicated (ppp-numbers, ppp-login) and getting =
my /etc/resolv.conf file complete, I tried dialing into my service.  =
Here is the errors I got:

sojourner pppd[213]: Connect: ppp1 <--> /dev/tty01
sojourner pppd[213]: Serial line is looped back.
sojourner pppd[213]: Connection terminated.

I also found an error file in the /etc/ppp directory, it contained

	sed 1: "s/$NUMBER/#
	1234567/g" unescaped newline inside substitution pattern

I could not find anything wrong (but then I might not know what I am =
looking for!).

Has anyone had this problem?  What is the fix?

have a UNIX on me
jimk@wvpa.com