Subject: ipnat and PPTP
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Gallucci <mark.gallucci@prepress.pps.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1998 12:44:40
I finally found a cheap ethernet card for my SE/30 (NetBSD 1.3), and
wasted no time setting up IPNAT. Works like a dream (thanks Colin [for
maintaining the docs] and to Bill S, Armen B and Bob N [for your
excellent HOW-TOs]).

The only thing I can't do (and need to) is connect to a MS PPTP server
from my Win95 (ugh) machine. From what I've read, it looks like ipnat
won't handle the GRE-encapsulated packets that PPTP uses.

Is anyone aware of any work being done on this (or even interest in it)?
Looks like the Linux folks have managed it:

<http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/ip_masq_pptp.html>,
<http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/linux_pptp.html>

I'd love to hack on this myself, but I doubt I'd accomplish it in my
lifetime (the last programming I did was in college, 18 years ago on a
Burroughs B6800) :( But I'll contribute whatever I can...

mark

PS - this seems more appropriate for current-users, I'll probably take it
there - just though I'd ask around "at home" first...

Mark Gallucci           |       PrePRESS Main Street(tm)
Sr. Support Analyst     |    The Web Site for Electronic
PrePRESS SOLUTIONS      |         Prepress Professionals
msg@prepress.pps.com    |    http://www.prepress.pps.com