Subject: 1.3 fails to boot with Apple Extended Keyboard
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1998 22:00:18
Hi,

  Today I updated my IIcx from 1.2.1 to 1.3. In this process I experienced a
strange error. NetBSD 1.3 (GENERIC #56 and #59) failed to boot with an Apple
Extended Keyboard. Then I tried 1.2.1 with the Extended Keyboard, it booted
successfully. After I exchanged the keyboard to Apple Keyboard II, NetBSD 1.
3 booted.

mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at maibus0
adb0 at obio0 (ADB event device)
adb: bus subsystem
adb:

Booting always stops at this position. I tried SLOTMAN kernels but the resul
ts were the same.

Does anyone know how to avoid this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance.

--
Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Medical Information Center / First Deaprtment of Medicine