Subject: Re: X server config
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1998 14:17:18
Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE> wrote:

Hauke> It wasn't Ken. PR#3887 that suggested (ab)using
Hauke> <opt>-{1,2,3} for mouse button emulation was from
Hauke> SUNAGAWA Keiki. (Order? I simply copied the name from
Hauke> the PR text...)

Yes, I added it.  (I think it's better to keep separating the
multilingualizing stuff from kernel, but other issue...)

Since the macros ADBK_1, ADBK_2, etc. are defined in
mac68k/include/keyboard.h, the m17n stuff might be added to
it.  For example;

#ifndef KEYBOARD_ARRAY
extern unsigned char keyboard[128][3];
#else
#ifdef GERMAN_KEYBOARD
	/* put the German keyboard stuff here */
#elif FRENCH_KEABOARD
	/* put the French keyboard stuff here */
#else	/* default the US keyboard */
unsigned char keyboard[128][3] = {
		/* Scan code      Normal     Shifted     Controlled */
	{	/*   0x00, */       'a',       'A',         0x01 },
	{	/*   0x01, */       's',       'S',         0x13 },

Although this way we can't change the keyboard mapping, it'd
work for now.  I expect that we'd have userland key mapping
utilities like SUN's keydump which enables us to modify the
keyboard mapping easily.

>>> I couldn't even send-pr from the box because the "@" was
>>> missing!
>> Doh!  Well, fortunately, you can probably use the web
>> page, I think.

Hauke> What I did in the end was exporting the send-pr
Hauke> template to MacOS and send it from Eudora...

% echo '\0100'>at
% cat at
@
%