Subject: CI, startx.log, errno =61
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1998 00:27:39
hello folks,
	Following the instructions prevoiusly on this list, I have for you my
startx.log.  The dmesg.log shows boot event list, and all seems fine.  I
have *fully* installed 1.3 fresh onto 300Mb of a 1Gb-fuji-2266. the
systems last enter is

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:		I enter: 	sh
Terminal type? 						I enter:	vt220

At this point I still need to login and mount -a

After login, the file just before motd says
NetBSD ?.? (unknown)					what's that?

after all the login-vt220, hub-bub
I type startx and get the following

**********************
*
*    startx.log
*
**********************

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections .
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
..
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
.._XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for tcp

Fatal server error:
Failed to establish all listening sockets

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 61):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

**************
* kernel
**************
NetBSD 1.3 (GENERIC) #56: Wed Dec 31 13:40:30 PST 1997
    allen@wormey:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC

Which I named netbsd13

/dev/sd0b /swap	swap
/dev/sd0a /.	ffs

note I get the same info for the Xmac68kcolor and the Xmac68k12 versions

*  questions
Q:  what file is executed just before motd?
Q:	-And is it a bad idea to enter the mount and login in this file

Sorry if this is really dumb but I am not as familiar with UNIX as I
should,  :(

Colin:  BTM, I am using netscape no prob's eudora is still the same?  :}

Thanks for all the help
Dale Einarson