Subject: Re: Syquest Prob (under MacOS)
To: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
From: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1998 10:21:57
Hi

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Dale Einarson wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Sorry:  The reason I am sending these to you direct,  is because when I
>try
>to emaill the list I get mail alias wanings!
>
>        I am not sure if this is related but...
>I was thinking that we mightn't be able to to create a driver for this
>under BSD because...
I don't know a thing about writing a driver, but:

>when I had a 105 and an EZdrive, both  drives had problems writing files
>larger than 7Mb.  They would intermitantly hang the mac this was on a CI,
>Q650 and a PowerTower220.
>        Oh yeh! I am refering to MacOS not *NetBSD*.
>
>If this is not so... just thought I'd get "my 2 bits"

I use MT-everything under MacOS and used SCSI-Probe before that.
Everything worked fine, on my Performa600, my PowerMac7500(here I only
tried MT-everything) and on my Quadra 700. Oh I guess I use the
Mt-everything build in driver and never had problems copying lage files
like the MkLinux DR2.1 for example.
Maybe we (well I guess excluding myself as I'm a complete ignorant when
it comes to coding difficult things) could have a look at the driver
Mt-everything uses, and see if it helps ...

--Henning

Henning Loeser            AG-Oberfl"achenphysik, Philipps-Uni-MR
Email:henning.loeser@physik.uni-marburg.de