Subject: Re: Switching Resolution
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1998 16:58:19
At 3:47 PM -0800 2/11/98, Colin Wood wrote:
>Mario Magliocco wrote:
>>
>>       I have a Toby Frame Buffer card and a Macintosh Display card, can I
>>      get better than 640X480 out of them with NetBSD?  If so, how do you go
>>      about switching resolution?
>
>I don't think that either of these boards will hold enough VRAM to support
>anything larger than 640x480.  I also don't think that they support

You can use Naoto Hori's MaxApplZoom extension under MacOS and the fix will
hold into NetBSD.  That gets you 512 by 704 at 8-bits.

That's with the ite driver.  I suspect it won't work with the grf driver,
and I expect that it won't work with any of the resolution/depth-changing
code that's been added to the booter and X, but I haven't tried.