Subject: Re: Switching Resolution
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1998 15:47:47
Mario Magliocco wrote:

>       I have a Toby Frame Buffer card and a Macintosh Display card, can I
>      get better than 640X480 out of them with NetBSD?  If so, how do you go
>      about switching resolution?

I don't think that either of these boards will hold enough VRAM to support
anything larger than 640x480.  I also don't think that they support
switching resolutions.  However, you can always try to do it under MacOS
(use the monitors control panel). If you can do it there, it should work
under NetBSD.  NetBSD simply uses whatever MacOS monitor settings you
have.  We don't currently support changing resolutions.

>      I also have a Radius 24 XP, when I first started on my quest for color
>      X a year ago, I learned that this card wouldn't work.  Has there been
>      any progress with it?

If it's not listed in the list of working video cards in the Info Sheet,
no one has reported it working yet (of course, that doesn't mean that it
doesn't work, just that no one has reported it yet).

Later.