Subject: Re: Appletalk
To: Bert <aweka@xs4all.nl>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1998 21:24:42
On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Bert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, is there a posibility to combine mac and macbsd with Appletalk?
> (for example is there a /dev/appletalk orsomething like that)

??

Are you talking about Appletalk, the network protocol, or LocalTalk, the
wiring scheme Apple popularized (and named LocalTalk in 1988 or so)?

NetBSD supports AppleTalk, in the form of EtherTalk, on almost all
platforms (*). We do not yet support LocalTalk. It is moving towards the
top of my to-do list, though finishing grad school is up there too. :-)

Take care,

Bill

(*) The mips based ports had a little snafu, and so they didn't have
Netatalk support. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the 1.3 patch release.