Subject: New version of SLOTMAN
To: MacBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1998 06:57:42
For those of you who have been patiently waiting for SLOTMAN to support
your Mac model, have I got a deal for you:

After many days (yeah, verily, it's been weeks) I've finally managed to
complete a reverse-engineered port of the ROM-resident Slot Manager code
and placed the result into the NetBSD kernel itself!  So, we no longer
need to worry about finding hard-to-find ROM addresses, and we won't be
bitten any more by some Macs' ROMs doing things differently than others.

The new SLOTMAN kernel is available at the usual ftp site:

	ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/pub/slotman/

This is currently only a NetBSD 1.3 kernel.  Updates to 1.3B will take
me a few more days/weeks to complete.

As always, all reports of problems can be sent to me.  I would also
appreciate any reports of successes - they'll help me feel that all of
this work for the last 9 months or so has really been worth doing!

Oh, yeah - one last caveat:  Just as in previous SLOTMAN kernels, this
will only be of use to you if you have nubus video.  Internal video is
still being worked on by Michael Zucca.

| Paul Goyette       | Public Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Consultant |  0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker  |  E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |