Subject: Re: X on LC 475
To: None <ost@farmersmanual.co.at>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1998 13:02:19
ost wrote:
> hey there
>
> i ve just set up macBSD on an lc475
> everything fine so far
>
> my question:
> is X supposed to work on this model of a mac?

I'm not entirely sure.  If you do a 'dmesg' and see a line like:

grf0 at intvid0:

then X _should_ work.

> when i do "startx" it just drops out very soon again saying:
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explcit kill or serva shutdown)
>
> are there ways to get more detailed output on the console when x starts
> up?

This one is in the FAQ, but here it is again:

startx >& startx.log

and then take a look at startx.log to see what output you get.  A number
of factors could be at work here.  Do you have a full '040 or an 'LC040?
If the latter, you might be hitting errors in the FPE....

Later.