Subject: Re: 2 button mouse question
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1998 14:41:36
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> SamMaEl wrote:
> >
> > 	Well, now that I got ethernet working on my Q630, I am going to
> > try to get the mouse I use for the system to work... it's a Macally
> > 2-button mouse.
> >
> > adb: extended mouse <KOIT> 2-button 200 dpi mouse at 3
> >
> > 	In MacOS it uses a control panel to set the 2nd buttons
> > function... defaults to a click-hold. Anyone know a somewhat simple way to
> > figure out how to get the 2nd button working? It'd not as good as a 3
> > button, but a 2nd button won't hurt ;-)
>
> If it really is an extended mouse, it should already work.  The second
> button should "just work" under X.  What is it doing instead?

	Nothing... that I can tell. I've tried clicking it on the titlebar
of an xterm to see if it will drag it if I move the mouse, but it
doesn't... so it's not doing the click and hold. And, everything I've
tried just makes me think it's not working at all. Is there any way to see
what it is doing in NetBSD? I know there are programs in MacOS that will
let you see how it is communicating... If anyone needs it, I can post the
control panel and extension it came with... maybe someone will be able to
figure out how to get the 2nd button to work (I'm not much of a driver
person yet ;-)) And, someone posted to me asking for a copy of the control
panel, but I accidentally deleted the e-mail.... so if you still want it
e-mail me again ;-)

	RYan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!