Subject: Re: PPP-setup
To: Bert Koster" , "Port/macBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1998 13:49:48
Bert Koster <aweka@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I am working on a serial conection between my P5200 an BSDmachine.
>With a standard mac serialcable and a terminal emulation, it works quit
>nice...on the command prompt.
>But now I want to connect (serial) through PPP. I've already set it up
>on the BSD side, but I just can't figure out how to make PPP connect
>without a telefoon number in its phonenumberfield.
>I already took the Nullmodem entry, but you just can't push the connect
>button without a number in the phone field of PPP

I had the same problem with OT/PPP trying to connect to NetBSD.  If I
remember correctly I just put a dummy entry in for the phone number and
everything worked.  Try using "," for the phone number.  It generally
does nothing but introduce a short dialing delay and should be enough to
convince OT/PPP that you have entered something in the phone number field.

Hope this helps,
-bob