Subject: PPP-setup
To: Port/macBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bert Koster <aweka@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1998 19:08:14
Hi,

I am working on a serial conection between my P5200 an BSDmachine.
With a standard mac serialcable and a terminal emulation, it works quit
nice...on the command prompt.
But now I want to connect (serial) through PPP. I've already set it up
on the BSD side, but I just can't figure out how to make PPP connect
without a telefoon number in its phonenumberfield.
I already took the Nullmodem entry, but you just can't push the connect
button without a number in the phone field of PPP

Also I'd like to know whether there's a sort of AppleTalk daemon orso
(Atalkd maybe :-))
And how about a proxyserver?

Anybody any Idea's???

thanks

B.

The difference between Windows and a virus: Virusses rarely fail.