Subject: Further observations...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Justin R. Smith <jsmith@mcs.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1998 02:53:29
I'm running 1.3 on a Performa 475 (with a 68040 processor)

1. The vt220 emulation (by the console) doesn't handle arrow keys properly
(at least 'vi' doesn't seem to like it). This is remedied (badly) by
setting term to vt100 and doing a reset.  All in all, I will probably be
using X windows for my comman-line work...

2. In order to get X-windows running properly, you have to create a file
/etc/ld.so.conf

containing a line that has

/usr/X11/lib

and create a symbolic link from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/X11

Questions (I apologize if they are FAQs):

1. How does one access ordinary Macintosh files?  I noticed a command
mount_dos. Is there a corresponding operation for Macintosh files?

2. Is there a way to boot with virtual memory turned on? (turning it off
requires an extra rebooting of my Mac...)

Overall impression: Very impressive!

Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows              | Department of Mathematics and
Like dead leaves of summers past        |     Computer Science
Memories of forgotten lore              | Drexel University
Making way for new tomorrows            | Philadelphia, PA 19104
New hopes, new fears,                   |
         and new ways that last         | Office: (215) 895-1847

c Justin R. Smith, March 14, 1994       | Fax:    (215) 895-1582

My home page: http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~jsmith