Subject: Re: Where is MADHATTER ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, will_e@ge.digipress.net>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1998 17:38:54
Hi,

You SHOULD be able to run at any regular X-supported resolution.
But, as you've probably seen on the list lately, results seem
to vary depending on which machine, monitor,  & resolution combination
you try.  Try it and see.  If it doesn't work, you'll need a kernel
with the patches recently posted by Scott Reynolds.

As far as color, the FAQ/web pages are your friends:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/color-x-howto.html

This page goes into much more detail than I ever would in a mailing list
post.  Check it out.....

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  The usability of X in color(or B&W) is heavily dependent on
	your machine/memory/video card combo.  I had X running in
	color on my MacIIx, but with only 8MB of memory, it was
	really slow and paged a lot.  X in B&W on my Q610 with
	52MB of memory operates quite well.