Subject: Re: Where is MADHATTER ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, Vincent.Barat@ansf.alcatel.fr>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1998 00:09:05
Hi,

The internet service provider I use(Best Internet) changed their
server setup.  The server is now ftp9.ba.best.com(the location of
things should be the same though).  But, I haven't updated things
there in several months.  The initial purpose of the madhatter
patch was to get X to work at all in black and white on the Q610.
Unless things have changed lately that functionality is in -current
source(I'm currently using a GENERIC kernel from December and have X at
1024x768 with no problem).   The posts lately seem to indicate that
resolutions between 640x480 and 1024x768 have problems.  I think that
is possibly a different patch(or that different patch in conjunction
with the old madhatter patch).  Someone recently posted to the list
regarding this.  So, a search through the mailing list archive will
probably get you the information that you seek.  Either that or whoever
posted it will respond this time as well.

I've really been staying away from rolling any new madhatter kernels
thinking that when the intvidtest changes from Michael Zucca make it
in RSN this would all be fixed for good.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com