Subject: Re: printcap...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/1998 12:29:58
At 11:57 AM -0800 2/5/98, Chris Jewell wrote:
>Could someone send me an example of what a printcap file is supposed to
>look like.  I am connected to a network that uses VAX queues.  I wanted to
>set up my MacBSD to print to some of those queues.  Also, do I need to
>setup the hosts.lpd?

The example file in /etc isn't bad, but I don't know about VAX queues.  The
entry I have for a HP LaserJet 5MP is:

lp|remote|hotz|301-235E:\
        :lp=:rm=hotzlp:rp=text:mx#0:rw:sh:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lj5_text:

It works just fine for me.  It only supports text, not Postscript, which
would go to :rp=raw:.  Also the printer uses 60 lines/page while everything
defaults to 66.  For me these are just nits;  other people may care more.
For that matter I'll care more when I get NetaTalk set up.