Subject: Re: Daystar Accelerator Works!
To: David G Taylor <taylord@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/1998 10:16:57
> I have a Radius Rocket card that has 8 SIMM slots, and a full '040....
> Since it's at home, I can't remember whether it is a PDS or NuBus card, but
> your results with NetBSD are very encouraging ! It, too has an enabler
> extension to turn it on at boot. I'll give it the crash & burn test soon !

I think it was mentioned at one point that the Rocket is a co-pro card.
So much so that we'd have to write a version of NetBSD specailly for it.

The idea I had was to load NetBSD on the host machine and have an rc script
load NetBSD on to the rocket. The Rocket kernel would treat the NuBus as
an ifconfigable communications device and NetBSD would consider the Rocket
as an ifconfigable device. The Rocket could then NFS boot from the host
and run that way.

That was just an idea. Something I'd love to do but just simply don't have
the time for. :-)