Subject: Re: ppp filters
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Tsukasa Koizumi <pigtail@tpro.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1998 09:07:54
At 12:44 98/01/31 -0800, Colin Wood wrote:
> Tsukasa Koizumi wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to make to be able using only http and smtp on a host from
> > ppp connction.
> >
> > I'm using HWDIRECT kernel. Has that been complied with PPP_FILTER option ?
> > I'm trying but filters of pppd does not work.....
>
> Which HWDIRECT kernel are you using?  There are a couple on puma which are
> more or less 1.3 release kernels but with HWDIRECT support which should
> have IPFILTER turned on (which is probably what you want).  I believe you
> can find them here:
>
> ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/eskimo.copy/kernels/

My HWDIRECT kernes is SBC-#56. (not SBC kernel doesn't work my SE/30).
Does that kernel have PPP_FILTER defined ? (not IPFILTER)

> > If NOT, please let me know some good ways, or free fire-wall softwares
> >  on NetBSD/mac68k.
>
> There is a wonderful page on how to use IP-Filter located here:
>
> http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html
>
> I hope this helps.

Thank you.

I found that the ipf included in NeBSD 1.3. I got to run it as packet
filter on ppp port.

Is that different from ip-filter that you told ? Better than ipf in
NetBSD port ?

Tsukasa Koizumi @ TAMa-Te-bAKO Project (Tokyo, Japan)
mailto:pigtail@tpro.com / JCD03321@niftyserve.or.jp
WWW Home Page URL http://www.tpro.com/