Subject: Re: Ethernet card for IIsi?
To: Wyatt Bertel <bertel@math.UCDavis.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1998 09:26:54
Wyatt Bertel wrote:
> I'd like to get an ethernet card for my IIsi equipted with the
> Macintosh IIsi NuBus Adapter Card.  On MacBSD.com's ethernet status
> page (http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html), it
> states the only Asante card compatible with the IIsi is an "SE30I".  I
> searched Asante's web site but could find no ethernet card with that
> model name.  Does anyone know what ethernet card I should get that I
> can plug in the NuBus adapter card that will work with NetBSD?

Keep in mind that the Ethernet Status Page is a list of cards _known_ to
work with NetBSD, in other words, just those that people have reported as
working.  I'm sure there are a number of cards that work which aren't
listed at all, and quite a few of the cards that are listed will work on
more than the models that they are listed for.  Our Ethernet support
currently works with most DP8390-based and SONIC-based controller chips,
so just about any card that you get which uses one of those 2 controller
chips should be just fine (expect for the Apple Ethernet NB card, which
uses a 68k processor in addition to an 8390, I think).  Any of the Asante
cards which they list for the IIsi on their page should work under NetBSD.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Later.