Subject: mc0: late collision
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1998 08:50:01
Greetings!
I recently installed 1.3, and had great joy in using the built-in ethernet
of my 840AV. Performance was quite good, reachiung about 970 k/s to
/dev/null. Everything worked fine, and I managed to fill up /usr/local
fairly easy. However, I now regularly get
mc0: late collision
errors, which after some 30+ times call the (tcp_watchdog ?) to reset the
chip. After that, the interface goes down, until I ifconfig it "up" a
couple of times. It seems that transfer rates have gone down dramatically
also, so this may very well be a problem with _our_ network, and not with
the driver.
Could anyone please explain what a "late collision" is?
I'm running 1.3, GENERIC-55 & GENERIC-56.
Regards,
/hcb

---
Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)