Subject: Re: SE/30 ethernet question
To: None <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/1997 09:51:50
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:00:00 -0500 (EST),
Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com> wrote:
> I have an SE/30 that has been running great for months as a mail and dns
> server.
> We recently switched from thinnet to 10bT and I changed the switch on the
> card in the SE/30 to 10bT and plugged it into the hub, and it doesn't work.
>
> Do I have to do something else to change from 10b2 to 10bT?
>
> Or is the card just defective?

Although the possibility of a defective card remains, I like to remind
you there are two kinds of 10BaseT cables; (so-called) cross and
straight.  You need the "straight" flavor to connect your Mac and hub.
I used to use a "cross" cable to connect my LC630 and SE/30.

Good luck,

Ken