Subject: Re: A question about X11R6 for Q610
To: Rushabh Sheth <rsheth@alumni.stanford.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1997 13:17:50
Rushabh Sheth wrote:

> 	Will the binaries in xbase12G, xserver12G, and xcomp12G work with
> Generic Kernel 45 on a Quadra 610 (with FPU)?

They should work just fine :-)

> Or would I have to download
> the X11R6 source from somewhere and compile the whole thing?

No, that wouldn't work very well....I'm pretty sure that the NetBSD/mac68k
additions to the Xserver are not in the X11R6 source (and we use XFree now
anyway).

> Incidentally,
> my Q610 only has 200 MB NetBSD Root&User partition with about 75 MB used up
> by base, misc, etc, and comp binaries.  So would 125 megs be sufficient to
> store X11R6 source files and compile the binaries?  Any information on this
> will be appreciated.  Thanks.

That should be enough room, I'll be doing the space calculation this
afternoon to update the install docs, so I'll try to remember to post the
sizes to the list.  It appears that NetBSD 1.3 is quite a bit larger than
1.2 was, btw.

> Hardware specs: Q610 (68040 FPU) with 12 MB RAM, 230 MB HD, Ethernet
> built-in, DOS Compatibility Card (486SX/25/8) installed, Apple 14" monitor,
> generic extended keyboard, and single-button Apple mouse.

Looks like it should all be fine to me :-)

Good luck!

Later.