Subject: Re: 030 LC won't boot =(
To: Andy Lo <philosopher@firstsaga.com>
From: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 14:07:01
I've had almost the same machine as yours:

o) Boot with extensions OFF
o) Make sure VM isn't enabled
o) Use the 12G kernel (and of course, update base and etc to match)

The only unresolved thing is the kernel would panic when adding swap if
booting directly into multi user.  Going single user, then exiting to
multi worked fine.

After playing a bit with that setup, I suspect the FPU emulation is a
bit wierd.  I have another machine, a IIci, which has an FPU and the
same version of everything works much, much more stable.

Since I got the IIci, I've depreciated the LC II back to a pure MacOS
machine, so I haven't fiddled much with it since.