Subject: Re: fscalel emulation problem
To: Norman Mackenzie <101564.312@compuserve.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/1997 21:48:37
> I think there is a problem in the file
> /usr/src/sys/arch/m68k/fpe/fpu_fscale.c that causes emulated fscalel
> instructions to fail silently.

Awesome.  (sarcastically, talking about the behavior; seriously, talking
about the fact that you're looking into it :-)

>         if (format == FTYPE_LNG) {
>             /* something */
>             scale = buf[0];
>         } else if (format == FTYPE_WRD) {

Have you tried this out with your test program or with ghostscript?  Are
you building your own kernels?

> should probably be changed to get the long value from buf into scale, but I
> haven't actually tested that.  Perhaps just
>
>         } else if (format == FTYPE_DBL || format == FTYPE_SNG ||
>                    format == FTYPE_EXT) {
>             fpu_explode(fe, &fe->fe_f2, format, buf);
>             fpu_implode(fe, &fe->fe_f2, FTYPE_LNG, buf);
>             scale =  buf[0];
>         }

Would you be interested in working more on this fpe?  It does need work,
but as far as I know, no one is actively working on it.  It would be
great to have it more functional for 1.3 if at all possible.

Thanks!
-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com