Subject: Re: Help please.
To: Mark DeArman <dearman@telebyte.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/29/1997 08:41:15
Hi,

I believe that the LCIII is not supported by 1.2.1.  You will probably
want to install a "current" snapshot from

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/snapshot

and a matching kernel from

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/kernels

Other things to watch out for are:

1) Disbale virtual memory.  This includes RAM Doubler.  They must be
disabled.

2) Make sure you are in 1-bit (b/w) mode before booting.

3) Increase the memory allotment for the Booter program.

Mark

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Mark DeArman wrote:

> I have an LCIII with 12RAM and 160HD
>
> I am installing NetBSD 1.2.1 off of the Infomagic BSDisc.
> I have created the AU/X Partions and swap.  Installed all the packages
> but when it trys boot it says it is on an untested computer and asks if
> I want to proceed. If I say yes then the mouse locks up and the computer
> crashs.  Please help me solve this problem.

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/