Subject: next X question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/28/1997 02:41:48
Colin's message seems to suggest this shouldn't work, but...
I downloaded the color Xserver and it runs. problem is this:
at anything but 8bpp the aspect ratio is wrong. twice as wide at 4bpp,
half as wide at 16bpp.
not a big deal, I can live with 8bpp.
the main problem is that the colormap is inverted. I tried running thru the
different visuals, 0-4, with varying results. visual 4 (-cc 4) gave what looks
like straight inversion whereas other visuals do weird yellowscales and stuff.
Is this a bad idea? is there any simple way to invert everything? when I
boot 16bpp the console is white on black, at 8bpp and below it's black on
white. but X comes up the wrong width in 16bpp.
any thoughts?

	-Ethan

| Ethan Gold, Vassar College class of '97           |
| http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~etgold/                 |
| UGS Research Assistant                            |
| Nonproliferation and International Security       |
| Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM    |