Subject: Re: A couple of issues
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1997 22:14:28
On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
> Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > It works on machines with Great ADB support. The IIsi (and I guess the IIvx)
> > don't fit into that category w/ MRG_ADB.
> >

> By Jove, I think he's got it!! ;-)
>
> Ah, I'd forgotten about the Power Management stuff in the newer ADB chips.
> So, has anyone tried using John's ADB drivers on their newer II-series
> Macs and seen if it softpower's off or not?

I dunno about those, but FWIW, on a PB150 with serial console (it doesn't
boot with the normal console) and MRG_ADB, halt does turn the machine off.
I was surprised, since it's a powerbook and has memorry mapping problems
when booting normally :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++