Subject: Re: A couple of issues
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/1997 12:57:04
> Hmmmm...perhaps the code to figure out whether or not to softpower on your
> machine is a little bit off.  NetBSD should definitely be able to
> power-off any softpower Mac's (barring the recurring problem mainly seen
> on the IIcx).  Please send a PR on this, unless someone knows for certain
> that this is correct behavior?  Softpower off definitely works on the
> earlier II-series Macs, and I know of no reason why it should work on the
> later ones as well.

Well, if I'll add my 2 cents and say that NetBSD was easily able to power-off
the Centris 650 I've been testing my kernels on even during ddb sessions
that went astray. :)

It doesn't, however, power down my IIvx which is definately capable of
soft-powering down.

Maybe this is more "kernel size" weirdness and the code-du-jour that's in
the "voodoo zone" happens to be the power-down code.