Subject: Re: A couple of issues
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: B. Alexander King III <king@cube.phy.uic.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/1997 10:37:00
	If I recall, Larry was running NetBSD from a Jaz disk?  If not, I
apologize for the post, but...

	There is *something* different about how "shutdown -h now" and how
"Special:Shut Down" actually work.  I have configured my Jaz drive
(Silverlining driver) so that none of the auto-eject features (on Shut
Down and Restart) work.

	In MacOS this requires me to press the (usually disabled) eject
button on the front of the drive after the disk has been unmounted from
the desktop or the machine has been shut down.

	While "shutdown -h now" in NetBSD does indeed shut down the
machine, it does not send the "enable button" signal to the Jaz, thus
requiring me to reboot to MacOS and unmount the disk from there.

	This is really a rather trivial problem, but it is kind of
annoying.  I suspect that it has something to do with NetBSD treating the
Jaz as a fixed disk, but I wouldn't really know.
<nofill>
bak

B. Alex King III
University of Illinois, Chicago