Subject: Re: routed error
To: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/25/1997 18:34:15

> Hmmm...I was hoping to use this machine as a router for a network.  Any
> alternatives to just not running routed?  Incidentally, gated gives
> similar errors.  Should I post those, too?

No. Can you compile your own kernels? If so, then you should check out
the archives for current-users as christos posted a patch which might
fix your problem.

Will your network be very complicated? Being a router (something which
links multiple IP nets together) can be done w/o routed. routed just
automatically updates the routing table. If it's simple, like

ae0	local_IP_Address
ppp0	other_end_of_ppp_pipe (and default route)

Then you don't need routed AFAIK (after all, it is routed, not routerd :-).

Take care,

Bill