Subject: Re: Latex?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Kelson <kelson@ucolick.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/25/1997 15:17:30
Howdy

Last week I compiled the entire Web2c/dvips/xdvi distribution on
my Duo 210.

Unfortunately, it did not (would not) compile straight out of
the box. If the power supply connection was still working on my Duo,
then I could hunt down the specific answer to your question.

Vague memory tells me that I did encounter your problem, but I really
don't remember what I did to get around it.

I do remember having to hack a bit at a couple of the makefiles
because there was a SUFFIXES problem at one point. If only I could
turn on my Duo, then I could answer your question...

You might want to recompile make.... I remember having a problem
with make a while back with...

Oh wait! Now I remember.... yeah, the basename -D thing.... shit,
what the hell did I do to fix that?? if only my machine would turn on!
arrrrgh.

i remember hacking at the Makefile in kpathsea and web2c.... and
what did I do...? this is killing me.... does anybody out there know
hypnosis? maybe you could get me to remember what i did???

well, the bottom line is this ---- the problem is not you or your
machine. you're gonna have to hunt around the kpathsea and web2c Makefiles
a bit.

this problem (this sounds lovely) was pretty easy to fix. how do i know?
i was able to fix it and I don't know thing one about Makefiles!

uggh.

dan