Subject: Re: X questions, SLiRP v. SLIP/IP-NAT question
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 23:18:33
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> The size of the binary has absolutely nothing to do with how much memory a
> program _can_ take up.  You can write a 500 byte program which does
> nothing but malloc() memory and hold onto it.  Considering his application
> load and the screen size, etc. I'd tend to believe that it just might be
> using up that much memory.

Yes, I realise this (see other post), but  still don't think it could just get
like that without there being a big problem.  I've run at least as much as he
listed, actually I've had three Navigator windows, several GIMP windows,
several (five or so) xterms, maybe some other stuff, under FVWM2 (which is no
lightweight itself) with no problem like that.
Maybe it's just my opinion, *shrug*

Scott
--
Scott Smith
ssmith@taos.com

"Besides, who the hell would use an MS keyboard on an SGI machine, they'd
probably take it back if they saw you doing that."   - dustin@spy.net