Subject: PICTs in SimpleText, was: Booter bug, was: Kernel wants booter 1.11?
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: None <mark.gallucci@prepress.pps.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 10:20:49
--- on 9/23/97 11:43 PM , nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

>	Does anyone know how to make SimpleText documents with pictures
>embedded? I want to release better doco with the Booter, and making it in
>TeachText/SimpleText is easier for most people to read than HTML (which I
>will also maintain for Puma and the NetBSD mirrors). But I have not worked
>out how to paste pictures/screen shots into the document's text yet.

You need to do this with ResEdit. First, open your doc in SimpleText, and
type return, option-space, return wherever you want a graphic to appear.
Save the file, close it and open it in ResEdit (let it create a resource
fork if it asks). Paste your pictures into the ResEdit window (it will
create the PICT resource automatically) in the order they are to appear
in the document.

Next you need to assign IDs to the new PICT resources. Select each one in
turn, Get Info from ResEdit's Resource menu, and change the ID for the
first graphic to 1000, the second to 1001, and so on.

Save the file and close. Open it in SimpleText and the graphics should
appear (centered) wherever you placed an option-space. You'll usually
need to add some returns to get the picture/text spacing correct. Save it
once you get it right. Finally, I usually change the file type to "ttro"
to make it read-only.

mark

|   mark gallucci              |     PrePRESS Main Street(tm)  |
|   gallucci@bellatlantic.net  |  The Web Site for Electronic  |
|                              |       Prepress Professionals  |
|   senior support analyst     |                               |
|   PrePRESS Solutions, Inc    |                               |
|   msg@prepress.pps.com       |  http://www.prepress.pps.com  |