Subject: Re: DaynaPORT E/II(St.)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Luca Falzoni <falzoni@jetai.unipv.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 15:15:08
At 18:45 +0200 22-09-1997, Colin Wood wrote:

>> The documentation says that the DaynaPORT E/II(St.) has not a sonic chip.
>
>Can you look on the card and see what kind of chip it is?  There should be
>at least 1 fairly large chip on the card.  Hopefully, it'll have something
>like DP8390 or perhaps DP83902V on it.  Either way, if your card is not
>recognized right off, it might be fairly easy to get working.

Yes, there is a chip labeled: DP83902AVLJ.
I have tried 1.2.1 and that's dmesg says:

Unknown ethernet drsw: 115
nubus0: slot9: Ethernet card (Vendor: Dayna Communications inc., Part:
SMALL-ALABAMA_ROM) not configured

Then I have booted with the latest kernel (1.2.1 tarballs, not so ordinary !):

nubus0: slot9: Ethernet card (Vendor: Dayna Communications inc., Part:
SMALL-ALABAMA_ROM) Type: 0004 0001 0115 0100 not configured

In either configuration I tried ifconfig wich always returned with an
error: SIOCGFFLAGS: Device not configured.
This happens even in the boot process with hostname.ae file configured.

Should I create an ae0 device ?  (./MAKEDEV ae0 doesn't work)
Now ?  Proceed installing -current ?

Thank you all

--
falzoni@jetai.unipv.it