Subject: GhostScript - Options Exhausted?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 08:12:05
Hi everyone,

Well, here's what's happened.  I'm about to give up any hope of ever
using my StyleWriter or Ghostscript on my PB160.

I've tried everything.  I first tried the version that's available
on the Amiga-contrib site (gs4.03), and that gave me blank screens
under X, and blank printouts on the SW.

So I tried Bill Studenmund's gs2.6.2 package from Puma.  It gave
me the same results.

I went to the Aladdin site and got the source code for gs3.33.  I
figured out how to build it for machines that don't have FPUs, and
I compiled it.  It gave me the same nothing results.

All the results by the way, apply to attempts to both render a
picture (like the examples that gs comes with), and input given
directly to the gs interpreter (like giving the commands to make
it print "hello" in its window).

The last thing I tried was to get the special FPU-less lib.m that
Kenn Nakata posted on Puma and link gs to that.  I did this, and it
gave me the same blank window.

I have also tried all of the relevent device choices that gs offers
as potential drawing palettes.  They all don't work.

The environment is set up properly for both GS_FONTPATH and GS_LIB.
My distribution is stock NetBSD-1.2.1.

If no one has any advice to give on this situation, I will give up.
I have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks again for all the attempts to help with this.

-Adam