Subject: Re: Booter bug, was: Kernel wants booter 1.11?
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 00:01:51
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:
> 	Hopefully Booter v1.11b1 will be sufficiently tested by next weekend
> for it to be released as non-beta (hint-hint: Please download and test it if
> you are able).

Works fine for me... here's a bug that's been around for a while though:
Go to Options/Booting and check "Show dialog & wait for OK before booting"
Do OA-B to start the boot. When the dialog comes up, click Cancel.
Do OA-B again. Notice the "Boot error: This kernel is not in a format
which the booter can execute."
Do OA-B again. When the dialog comes up, click Cancel.
Repeat previous step until booter runs out of memory.

> 	Does anyone know how to make SimpleText documents with pictures
> embedded? I want to release better doco with the Booter, and making it in
> TeachText/SimpleText is easier for most people to read than HTML (which I
> will also maintain for Puma and the NetBSD mirrors). But I have not worked
> out how to paste pictures/screen shots into the document's text yet.

Dunno about that one...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++