Subject: Re: Booter bug, was: Kernel wants booter 1.11?
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 13:43:36

> It looks like this was already fixed by the time I got the source (though
> slightly differently).  That's why I can't reproduce the problem. :-)

	It is still sort of there. In 1.10.1 & 2 (never officially released)
I fixed the problem that, once enabled, the Auto-set GMT Bias would stay on.
There is still the glitch that the auto-set bias value stays in the text box
once you have disabled the auto-setting. Maybe this value should be zeroed
in this case?

	I have not thoroughly tested what happens in terms of saving the
preferences, but I am reasonably confident that it is all OK.

	Hopefully Booter v1.11b1 will be sufficiently tested by next weekend
for it to be released as non-beta (hint-hint: Please download and test it if
you are able).

	Does anyone know how to make SimpleText documents with pictures
embedded? I want to release better doco with the Booter, and making it in
TeachText/SimpleText is easier for most people to read than HTML (which I
will also maintain for Puma and the NetBSD mirrors). But I have not worked
out how to paste pictures/screen shots into the document's text yet.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |