Subject: Re: Ghostscript - HELP!!!
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/23/1997 16:16:22
On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:
> Sorry, I should have said what version(s) of Ghostscript I've been
> using.  I've tried almost all of them, from Bill's 2.6.2 on Puma to the
> 3.3.3 I compiled myself from the GNU ftp site, to the 4.0.3 from the
> NetBSD-Amiga/contrib archive.  They all give me the same blank screens.

How are you running ghostscript? Have you tried running one of the sample
files, such as "tiger.ps"? If you run gs without any arguments, you should
get a blank window and a "gs>" prompt. If you then type something like:
/Times-Roman findfont 48 scalefont setfont 10 300 moveto (Hello) show

"Hello" should show up in the window.

BTW, the latest version of ghostscript is at
ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/aladdin/ (I think)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++