Subject: Re: Secr Distribution
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/23/1997 09:32:55

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Tommy Tarka wrote:
>

> > Hi!
> >
> >   As the secr distribution seems to have kerberos, does anyone know if it
> > has the "afs" patches installed and/or what distribution (I know it's V4,
> > but what *flavor* of V4...) it is?
> >

> 	In a weeek or two, I should have AFS kerberos up (as I go to CMU
> and all) I'll post what I find out (I am waiting on another bsd guy here
> to help me out.)

The secr distribution DOES support AFS kerberos, well AFS string2key.
Unfortunatly it's a compile-time decision.

The only program which cares, AFAICT, is kinit. Get both the binary and
source distributions, and install them. Now go in and re-compile kinit,
with AFS defined in the make file. That definition gets libafs included
so its string2key is used.

Install the new kinit, and you're fine. You might also want to copy it to
something like kinit.cmu so it won't get overwritten next install.

Take care,

Bill